[Samba] Two Samba Domains

Jason Coo jason at fluidlife.com
Mon Aug 27 15:41:05 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have 2 Samba PDC's - DomA and DomB. My Windows 2000 machine is a
member of DomA with drive mappings to some shares.

If I try to browse a share on DomB, it prompts me for a username and
password.

It does not like my current username and password that i'm using with
DomA even though I have setup the exact username and password on DomB's
passwd and pdbedit files.

However, if I change the password on DomB to something different to the
one on DomA, and enter it when it prompts me when trying to browse a
share on DomB, it works.

Bottom line: For some reason Windows won't use the SAME username and
password on 2 different domains.

My question: Do I NEED WinBind to work in order to get this cross domain
access to work?
Are there any ways to be able to login to two different shares on
different domains using the same username and password WITHOUT using
WinBind?

Thanks.

Jason.

--