[Samba] winbind uid problem

jhall at vandaliamo.net jhall at vandaliamo.net
Thu Aug 23 23:42:40 GMT 2007

I have installed winbind and it is working, but I need to change the
uid/gid being used by winbind since I am running into some conflicts with
UIDs.

UID 10071 is being used by my spamfilter and winbindd is also mapping one
of the user IDs from the W2K3 server to 10071.

In an attempt to change this, I modified my smb.conf file as follows.

[global]
        workgroup = MO
        idmap gid = 15000-20000
        idmap uid = 15000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind separator = +
        security = domain
        password server = 10.129.10.41
        wins server = 10.129.10.41

I restarted the server thinking my users would be remapped in the range
15000-20000.  However, they are still mapped in the 10000-20000 as I had
originally set in the smb.conf file.  I confirmed this using getent
passwd.

I am running 3.0.23c on FreeBSD 6.2.

Thanks,

Jay