[Samba] Migrating NT4->Samba3: Found bogus group member...

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Thu Aug 16 19:25:24 GMT 2007

Hi,

today I tried to migrate an old NT4 PDC to Samba 3 as described in

  http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/NT4Migration.html

but with the Samba databases on LDAP: Whenever I tried that

  net rpc vampire -S NT4PDC -U administrator%passwd

I received error messages that the users cannot be created. When I set
debugging to level 2, it told me about

  Found bogus group member: ...

Unfortunately, error messages are that poor that I did not yet figure
out what exactly is the problem.

Does anyone know about this problem?

And, btw., the instructions are quite confusing. The HOWTO tells about
creating groups, but within the process of creating (and trying to use
the smbldap-* scripts) I had to deal with groups in /etc/group, LDAP
posix groups, Samba groups etc.

Is there anywhere a precise description about how things belong
together and which groups and contents are required? It is sort of
difficult to debug if it not obvious how the data structures should
look like.

regards
Hadmut