[Samba] Offline files enabled clients are loosing network drives

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 16 10:16:08 GMT 2007

Greeting Henry,

I say that is normal (because it's the same thing with a Windows server)
. If the notebook (with offline files enabled) is turn on without any
nic connected, Windows will work offline (no surprise here). A this
point, you can't map or acces the server share (you can try to access
share with UNC path, it will not work). But if you try to access share
on another server, not in the share mapping of your client, then all
work perfectly.

The "problem" is the client. You must enable online work to reaccess the
server share. Look at the taskbar on the windows client for a small
computer, double-click on it an try to synchronise, or just select the
option to work online without synchronize (look at the buttom of this
page
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/prork/prdc_mcc_gmba.mspx?mfr=true).

Best regards,

Robert