[Samba] Offline files enabled clients are loosing network drives

Henry Jensen hjensen at gmx.de
Thu Aug 16 09:19:04 GMT 2007

Hello,

since the update to Samba 3.0.25b Clients which have offline files enabled
- typically notebooks - are sporadical loosing their network drives.

In the samba logs I see:
"read_data: read failure for 4 bytes to client 192.168.1.58. Error = Connection timed out"

After a new login the client can connect again to the shares again, but
after some minutes of work the same thing happens again.

Clients with no enabled offline files have no problems.

We are using XP Prof. Clients and Samba 3.0.25b (sernet-samba) on Debian
Etch. One of our five samba file server is acting as PDC with OpenLDAP as
auth. backend.

Regards,

Henry