[Samba] SERIOUS PROBLEM - Root Account Locked

Jonathan Johnson jon at sutinen.com
Wed Aug 8 21:27:11 GMT 2007

This sounds like you have 'root = Administrator' in your /etc/samba/smbusers file. Is the password you are using for Administrator *different* from what is set for root in Samba ("smbpasswd root" to change)? That could be the issue.

Note that typically, Linux and Samba use different password databases, so even though they map the same user name, the passwords may be different.

Jon Johnson
Sutinen Consulting, Inc.
www.sutinen.com