[Samba] Permission problems with Samba Version 3.0.23d

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel felipe at paranacidade.org.br
Wed Aug 8 13:11:51 GMT 2007

Dennis Schwan wrote, On 08-08-2007 06:00:
> [Agents]
>    comment = Gemeinsames Laufwerk
>    browseable = yes
>    path = /samba/public
>    writeable = yes
>    write list = @agents, sonja, administrator, engesser, atzler
>    admin users = administrator
>    force create mode = 0770
>    force directory mode = 0770
>    create mask = 0770
>    directory mode = 0770
>    force group = agents
>    nt acl support = yes
>    inherit acls = yes
>    oplocks = no
>
> But now i have the problem that all files that are copied
> on this share are generated as follows:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x
>
> I treid to change the create mask and force create mode
> options but i never got a write permission for the group.

	Copy in this context is the act of add a new file or
the act of duplicate an existent file in the share?  I'm
asking because sometimes, some aplications can do strange
things with file permissions when they are duplicating an
existent file that differs when they are creating it.

> The server is used as PDC with LDAP Authentication and the
> clients are all W2000. I hope that you can help me.

	Sorry if this sounds silly, but did you reload or restart
or gave enough time to have the configs automatically reloaded by
samba?

	You should check for filesystem ACLs, that could change
the behaviour. You should also check the 'directory security mask'
but as far as I can see there are no problems with your setup, I
have a similar share (with similar permissions) and it is working
fine. (I'm using Samba 3.0.24 from Debian "etch").

	Kind regards,
- --