[Samba] Problem with LDAP failover config

Ben Tisdall ben at redcircleit.com
Wed Aug 8 07:00:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have working master & slave OpenLDAP servers the Samba PDC works
correctly when using either as the passdb backend.

However, when configuring for LDAP failover as per this doc:

http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/2000users.html

Samba doesn't work & the logs fill up with this:

ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!

This is the actual directive I'm using save for the FQDNs:

passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://master.example.com:1389 \
ldap://slave.example.com"

Strace didn't produce anything useful.

Version is Samba 3.0.23a-1.fc4.1

Probably something very silly but I'm out of ideas!

Cheers,

--
Ben Tisdall