[Samba] Request for explanation on NFS re-export issue

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:56:10 GMT 2007

> But however: DONT re-export nfs-imported shares with Samba.
> Install Samba on the NFS server.

Just wondering as I have seen this advice a few times in the past.

Would it be possible to use msdfs to make it look to the users that the
files are still on one server as I have been exporting NFS links like that
for many years and my users would be very upset if they had to go to 1/2
dozen servers instead of the one they have been using for years?

John