[Samba] inconsistency?

Carlos Rivera-Jones carlos at sinu.com
Fri Aug 3 18:07:57 GMT 2007

I get similar errors when I have dummy shares (ie shares in smb.conf that point to non-existent directories), check that too.

However if using as PDC, the most common situation is when the samba server is not in the DNS/WINS for given machine.

If it is standalone, then make sure there is no AD server in the same workgroup: it can kick out the samba server as not trusted for the domain/workgroup. You can join it into the AD as member server to fix this, and if the AD server is also dns server, it will take care of that too.

All said and done, read the docs. It seems like you are missing a part of the network planning.

Carlos