[Samba] profiles?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:39:37 GMT 2007

On 8/1/07, mikee <mikeegg1 at mac.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007, John Drescher might have said:
>
> > > Do I need to use the policy editor on every windows box to change
> > > what is sync'd back to the samba server?
> > >
> > At work I have a registry file that gets applied in the login.bat file
> > that everyone uses to login. I will be there in 1 hour and I can send
> > you the details.
> >
> > John
>
> That is much appreciated, thank you.
Here is what I do. Hopefully your users have permissions to modify
their own registry settings.

Here is the line that does this from the login script file that is
executed when each user logs into their machine

\\fileserver\NETLOGON\reg /Verbose /Set
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ExcludeProfileDirs"="Local
Settings;Temporary Internet Files;Application Data\Mozilla;Cookies"

The reg tool is a freeware command line registry editor by David G.
Thomas. I am using version 1.0q but the download is 1.0t I doubt there
are any differences. Here is a link:

http://www.brothersoft.com/utilities/registry_tools/reg_5473.html

John