[Samba] SePrintOperatorPrivilege

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Fri Apr 27 19:04:22 GMT 2007

Samba 3.0.24, CentOS 4.4, x86_64.

One Samba-only PDC, two BDC's and several Linux member servers using
ldapsam. Works very well, except for the item of this message. If I grant
SePrintOperatorPrivilege to a user on the PDC and BDC's, then "rpc rights
list <user>" shows the proper entry:

 	DOMAIN\username
 	SePrintOperatorPrivilege

If I do this on a member server, I get:

 	hostname\username
 	SePrintOperatorPrivilege

listing the uppercase short hostname of the member server rather than the
domain name (even if I grant the privilege using the domain name
explicitly). This is preventing me from configuring the [printers] and
[print$] shares on the member server, since it appears that the user does
not have SePrintOperatorPrivilege. I can successfully configure [printers]
and [print$] on the PDC or BDC's, and up/download drivers successfully.
What have I done wrong? TIA,

Steve