[Samba] Joining Samba 3.24 to 2003 ADS

Jeff Thurston jthurston at skyline-ats.com
Fri Apr 27 19:12:39 GMT 2007

'hostname -f'
host.fqdn.com

Entry is also in the hosts file: host, and DC

I've looked in the winbind logs as well as the samba logs and don't see
anything that immediately indicates a problem.

Incidentally, I am able to setup shares and access them as a
@"ADGROUP+domain users" or specific domain user on this server.

Should I even worry about the fact that getent doesn't work "correctly"?