[Samba] (Fwd) mapping drive from sanba machine requesting password fai

fharrington at ocln.org fharrington at ocln.org
Thu Apr 26 12:48:47 GMT 2007

From:           	Self <fharrington at ocln.org>
To:             	samba-request at lists.samba.org
Subject:        	mapping drive from sanba machine requesting
password fails
Date sent:      	Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:47:47 -0400

Hello,

I have done the following:
configured  the samba server with  webmin
made the share not require passwords
made the passwords on the samba server and windows the same
synchronized unix and samba users
made unix users samba users

Windows users are still prompted for a password which fails.

I was trying to make the samba server also a PDC so it resides in a different
domain. We are not trying to use it that way now. Perhaps changing it to the
same domain would help.

I changed the domain to be the same as the PC machines - still no luck.

This is the definition of the share from the smb.conf.

[public]
        comment = new file share on centos
        writeable = yes
        path = /public
        write list = @ocln

I can mount it and so can my boss. Everyone else in the office cannot.

My question is : what diagnostic programs can help me determine why a
windows user is getting prompted for a password or cannot mount a share ?

Thanks.

Frank

Frank Harrington
Systems Manager