[Samba] Help with SWAT

Weinmann, Robert robert.weinmann at ingentra.com
Wed Apr 25 18:18:55 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I just installed 3.0.24 in AIX5.3 using installp binaries.  The install went
well, and I can connect to shared directories from Windows.  When I try to
log in to the SWAT tool, it does not accept the password of any userid that
I try with, including root.  I don't recall having to do anything special to
use SWAT on my older servers running SAMBA 2.2.8.

I have added the following line to /etc/inetd.conf, and refreshed inetd.
swat        stream tcp  nowait  root    /opt/pware/samba/3.0.24/sbin/swat
swat
I have added the following line to /etc/services.
swat             901/tcp

Do I need to do any additional security configuration to use SWAT?

Thanks,

Bob