[Samba] wbinfo on a PDC

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Tue Apr 17 16:31:09 GMT 2007

Hello,

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell schrieb:
> When running winbind on an LDAP authenticated Samba domain controller
> should it return lists from wbinfo -u & wbinfo  or does this not happed on
> controllers?  All I get is  Error looking up domain users and I need to
> know if this a feature or a problem.
I posted the same question yesterday too. I only get the accounts from the
trusted domain, but not of the PDC itself.

I think its currently not implemented, because I found this in an older
posting:

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
>winbindd on a PDC only alloocates Unix ids for users and groups from
>trusted domains. Not its own domain.

But I wanted to know if it`s planned to support this in future. Or maybe
there is a way to setup this. I need to have the accounts of both domains
on both of my DCs.

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost