[Samba] Samba -> WinXP: slow transfers, partial solution

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Mon Apr 16 20:34:53 GMT 2007

> I have slow transfer from my samba serwer, casue my HDD wasn't running
> in UDMA mode, only in PIO, beside this a installed CentOS 4 and all 2
> disks are running in UDMA mode and there isn't a issue with network
> speed between WINXP SP2 and samba serwer.
>
> Maybe check yours HDD too ?

Thanks for the idea, but I'm afraid this is not the case in my
situation, as HDD is certainly capable of delivering the required speed.

(to be 100% sure I've just done traditional dd if=***big-file***
of=/dev/null test on server, the same file I used for transfers speeds
measurements, the speed is 42 MB/s)

Good luck!                                     Alexander