[Samba] Poor Quickbooks Performance

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Thu Apr 12 00:05:56 GMT 2007

At 08:36 PM Monday, 4/9/2007, Ben wrote -=>
>I am using Samba (3.0.23) on FreeBSD (5.4 and 6.0) to share a Quickbooks
>2007 file, with poor performance relative to Windows XP filesharing (4-5x
>worse).  The file is large (about 600MB), and I am aware of the differing
>locking mechanisms versus Windows, but is there anything that can be done to
>tweak this?

A quick Google of the key words produced this link:

http://www.edoceo.com/liber/network-samba-quickbooks.php

It works for me and we have a number of clients with files between
200 and 700 mb.

Ed Kasky
~~~~~~~~~
Randomly Generated Quote (80 of 557):
"I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel
myself infinitely the happier for it."   --Thomas Jefferson