[Samba] Samba 3.0 and XP roaming profiles

contact_mahajan contact_mahajan at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 20:06:20 GMT 2007

Thanks for the suggestion.
I havn't tried login scripts. I can create a login script and put it under
the base netlogon path which is /var/samba/netlogon in my case. But my
question is what shoudl be the name of this script so that every profile can
grab it. Moreover what permissions should be set on it so that every profile
can run it.
Also regarding my logon script, my smb.conf fille says like this:

[GLOBAL]
logon script = scripts\login.bat

[netlogon]
path= /var/samba/netlogon/%U

Actually this configuration was designed by an earlier admin and I dont know
why he put that "script\login.bat". I dont see any directory called scripts
on the server. My question is, that what should I put here so that all my
profiles can catch this script and what permissions should be set for the
script?

Thanks in advance,

Gigs