[Samba] Autentication against BDC first

Diego Martin Fernandez Fazio dfernandez at cidi.com.ar
Thu Sep 28 14:56:26 GMT 2006

Hi all, I have this question, I ve got a master LDAP server on a remote
place and i want to install a PDC and a BDC and a slave ldap server in
other place.
Mi question is... may I force de WorkStations logging (read the
information )against the BDC first than PDC, so the READ trafic goes to
the Slave Ldap??? The problem is the network avoid READ traffic.

In the Samba FAQ recomends that the:
PDC--->use de Master Ldap and
the BDC --->use a Slave Ldap

this is a network map for the idea:

		MASTER LDAP on Remote Site

			Wan

	SMB PDC 	SMB BDC	  Slave Ldap on LAN

			WS

So when I log into the WS the BDC ask to the local Slave LDAP trough the
LAN network.

And if i need to change a password of the user on PDC goes trough WAN
and modify the master LDAP and this then modify the Slave LDAP trough
the WAN.

So... my question is can I configure my BDC with the priority.
Maybe... on the PDC set:

domainsmaster=yes
domainlogons=no

and on the BDC
domainmaster=no
domainlogons=yes.

Many many thanks and scuse my poor english.