[Samba] Samba 3 PDC - trouble renaming domain member computer

ryan punt rpunt at good-sam.com
Thu Sep 28 13:38:30 GMT 2006

As it turns out, I've got the same problem with the 3.0.23c .debs (I was using 3.0.14a debian stock). Again, to summarize:

Samba 3 PDC, using LDAPSAM.

Group mappings are correct, my domain admins group has privileges:
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege
SeAddUsersPrivilege
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

Members of the domain admins group can join machines to the domain, but can't rename domain computers (either via netdom or the GUI). XP throws error, "access is denied."  Everything else work perfectly.

I've filed a bug report, #4116.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan