[Samba] Using samba server on a tiny embedded system

colin colin at realtek.com.tw
Wed Sep 20 13:40:38 GMT 2006

Hi there,
We are developing an embedded multimedia system and after reaching a stage
of development, the next stage will be turning it to be a multimedia center.
Therefore, supporting samba is a very good design of it.
Considering the restricted resource, a tiny samba is more suitable.
How can I get a tiny samba server? Is there any project for a "tiny" samba
server? Or can I produce a tiny one by disabling almost all of advanced
options?

By the way, our embedded system is MIPS Linux + uClibc + busybox.

Regards,
Colin