[Samba] Finding Accounts inside Trusted Domains

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Sep 20 13:54:28 GMT 2006

I'm still fighting with interdomain relationships and have a couple of
more specific questions than in my post yesterday:

1. Is it possible to log into a machine which is associated with one domain
   with credentials in another domain?

2. If so, is there extra configuration that needs to happen to find the
   account?

The reason I ask 2. above is the following:

I have a workstation which is a member of the SOCIALWORK domain,
morton315f-vm2. Trust relationships are established both directions between
SOCIALWORK and MATH. I am attempting to log in to morton315f-vm2 with
credentials from an account in MATH (on the windows login screen, I have
used my username and password from math, as well as set the Log On To field
to MATH). I have log level set to 5. On the SOCIALWORK server, I see the
login attempt during which it searches for the user, first in
/etc/samba/smbusers, next in the socialwork ldap backend, finally it
searches as a group. Am I mistaken that selecting the MATH domain to log in
to would query the MATH PDC?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Hyclak