[Samba] Re: winbindd + mod_ntlm_winbind, why do we need "net join ..." ?

Juan Rodriguez juan.fco.rodriguez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:00:15 GMT 2006

On 9/21/06, Juan Rodriguez <juan.fco.rodriguez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use NTLM authentication on my Apache2 server, and I've
> found
> out this link which works very well for me,
> http://download.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/lorikeet/mod_ntlm_winbind
>
> I'm newbie to samba, and to make this stuff work, I had to execute
> "net join -S <DC> -U <Admin>", because winbindd complained about
> "did we join ?"... (all of this can be found on man winbindd).

I've managed to avoid this message using:
"net rpc getsid", but then I get the following error when I try to
authenticate
through mod_auth_winbind:

(this is the output of winbindd)
process_request: request fn AUTH_CRAP
[11189]: pam auth crap domain: <mydomain> user: <myuser>
is_myname("<mydomain>") returns 0
secrets_fetch failed!
get_trust_pw: could not fetch trust account password for domain <mydomain>
could not open handle to NETLOGON pipe (error:
NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO)

JFRH