[Samba] permissions problem with adding a machine

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Wed Sep 20 01:52:26 GMT 2006

I have configured a domain controller in samba 3.0.xxx. I followed the
how-to at samba.org and I think I may have missed a step because now
when I attempt to add a machine to the domain, I get an error.

I am using tdbsam as the user/group store. I ran the net group map to
make windows groups to unix groups. I have verified that my
administrator users are in group wheel.

I do not use the map users file. I found that when I put my
administrative user names there they were not permitted to log into
the domain.

Is there a checklist that I can follow to make sure I didn't forget a
step?

--
David Bear
phone: 	602-496-0424