[Samba] username map change = samba failure [Working Again]

Matthew Preskett grit.monkey at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 22:16:19 GMT 2006

>>Where do I look for the error?

Add log level = 1-10 under [global] in your smb.conf to give a more detailed log (I found 5 to give me most of what i needed, i also found tail quite useful)

Messages are logged in  /var/log/samba in my distro (fedora)

Sorry i couldn't be more help, had a similar, but not the same issue with our print server (upgraded from 3.0.22 to 3.023a). Seemed i was specifying the groups incorrectly.

Cheers Matt