[Samba] FC5 smbpasswd not working

Michael Martinez mikem at nmt.edu
Mon Sep 18 22:06:11 GMT 2006

Hello,

we run samba 3.0.14a on FreeBSD. We recently upgraded our linux clients
from FC2 to FC5. Now smbpasswd (on the client) does not work. We get the
following error:

"cli_pipe_validate_current_pdu: RPC fault code NT code 0x1c010002
received from remote machine sambaserver pipe \samr fnum 0x70f3!
machine sambaserver rejected the password change: Error was : NT code
0x1c010002.
Failed to change password for user"

It was working under FC2 and still works under Redhat 9, so it's
definitely an FC5 issue.

Anyone know what's going on?

--
Regards,

Michael Martinez
Engineering Manager
Tech Computer Center (TCC), Speare Room 128
New Mexico Tech, 801 Leroy Place, Socorro, NM 87801
(505) 835-5388 mikem at nmt.edu
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/
--
http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net