[Samba] group membership issue?

Henrik Hudson lists at rhavenn.net
Tue Sep 12 17:19:07 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 16:29, Henrik Hudson <lists at rhavenn.net> sent a
missive stating:
> Hey List-
>
> running samba 3.0.23b

As a follow up to myself. I narrowed it down to this:

On the PDC I can do:    id -Gn userB     and it shows that the user is in the
correct group and has the correct effective permissions.

On the member server, I do:  id -Gn userB     and it tells me the effective
group of the user is none  This is actually happening for 2 users and I'm at
a lost to explain this. All my wbinfo -u / -g ,etc.. show the users to be
part of the group, yet their effective permissions are showing them as none.

As far as I am aware I only need to add users to /etc/group in order to add
them to a "NT group", right? As long as that group is mapped of course and it
is, since the 10 other people have no issue.

How to solve this?

--
Henrik Hudson
lists at rhavenn.net