[Samba] PDC config asking for double AUTH

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel felipe at paranacidade.org.br
Mon Sep 11 12:28:13 GMT 2006

On 09/09/2006 05:12 AM, daniel parkes escreveu:
> Hy,
>
> I have set up a samba PDC with tdbsam, for a office, everything seems to be
> ok, users logon to the pcs with their user domains, the policies are
> working
> ok, but once they login, when they try to access a share in the samba pdc
> server, it asks againg for user and passwd, Any idea why its doing this?,
> you cant access also the netlog on share, so no scripts are working :**.

	If your server is going to be a PDC/BDC you should have
something like this:

[global]
domain logons = Yes
domain master = (Yes on PDC, No on BDCs)

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
guest ok = Yes
browseable = No

> Another doubdt i have is if i dont want roaming profiles, i just want to
> the
> users to use their profile in their pc how can i do it?

	You should set 'logon path' and 'logon home' for empty
values. It is important to note that it is not a matter of just
comment it, you have to set it empty.

		logon path =
		logon home =

> my config is like this:

	If you run testparm and testparm -v what you get?

> #======================= Global Settings =======================
> [global]
> workgroup = liquid.zz
> netbiosname = liquidsbox

	Hmmm... 'netbios name' has a space on it.

> server string = LiquidDs Samba Fuck U server

	Sounds like a 'c00l' name for a file server.

> time server = Yes
> wins support = yes
> passdb backend = tdbsam
> os level = 64
> preferred master = auto
> domain master = yes
> local master = yes
> preferred master = Yes
> security = user
> domain logons = yes
> ;logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
> ;mapeaelhomealaletraH
> logon drive = H:
> logon home = \\liquidsbox\home\%u
> logon script = logon.cmd
> add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g smbusers -s /bin/false
> -m %u
> add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
> /bin/false -m %u
> delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
> add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
> delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
> add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G '%g' '%u'

	Looks sane, maybe with the debug logs we could help
a little bit more.

[...]

> could have to do with this?
>

> Thnx a lot!