[Samba] Samba-OpenLDAP and AD question..

John Little jlittle_97 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 21:14:39 GMT 2006

Hi all

We have slowly been migrating our NT4 domain to Samba+OpenLDAP.  Today I was told that we were going to to create an AD 'resource' domain, put all of the workstations in it and create a trust relationship between the two domains.  In other words the users would be in the Samba+OpenLDAP domain and the workstations in the AD 'resource' domain.  If it matters we have about 1750 workstations with about 2000 users.

Is this a reasonable model to follow or thing to do?
If we do this what sort of pitfalls, if any, should I expect to encounter?
Any ideas, opinions, knowledge of this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John