[Samba] intermittant browsing / connection problem with imb laptops

Ted Houseknecht ted at dmsas.com
Mon Oct 30 20:35:23 GMT 2006

Folks -

I have two IBM xp pro laptops with intermittent problems connecting to a
Samba server running on Solaris.  The xp client can login into the
domain on Samba server 1, but can't browse to a second Samba server (not
a master domain controller) on my network.  We receive an error message
something like "server not accessible.  May not have permissions to use
the network resources...."  The strange thing is that sometimes it works
and sometimes it does not.  This server is my main print server and
these users can't print.  I have other xp workstations that do not seem
to have this problem.

Any thoughts?

--
Sincerely -

David M. Schwarz / Architectural Services Inc.
by:

Ted Houseknecht

1707 L Street, NW   Washington, DC  20036
phone:	202.862.0777      fax:	202.331.0507
http://www.dmsas.com