[Samba] PDC as wins server

Toni Casueps casueps at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:45:25 GMT 2006

No. I hoped that I could use my existing Samba server to resolve addresses
with WINS. That way I wouldn't need to set up a DNS server and change the
DNS configuration in each Windows client.

I have found a wins.dat file in the Samba server and I saw that it does not
reflect changes in the lmhosts file. I also tried to restart nmbd but it
still doesn't resolve addresses.