[Samba] Samba 3 Solaris 9 and charset cp850

Lionel Renouf lionel.renouf at capgemini.com
Tue Nov 28 19:14:52 GMT 2006

Hello,
After a migration from Samba 3.0.2a to Samba 3.0.21b on a Sun server Solaris
9, we have problems with "charset cp850 conversion not supported".
tesparm -v :
init_iconv: Conversion from cp850 to UTF8 not supported

In the smb.conf we have :
unix charset = cp850
dos charset = cp850

If we change these parameters or if we use their default value, the name
of files or directories we see on a Windows client ar inconsistent because
they were created with Samba 3.0.2a and cp850 charset.

Is there an issue to work with Samba 3.0.21b and cp850 charset ?

The Samba 3.0.2a was get from sunfreeware.com
Tha Samba 3.0.21b was get from sunsolve.sun.com (patch 114684-07).

Thank-you.
Regard.
Lionel RENOUF