[Samba] Password sync between Windows servers

Steve A gmane at rowyerboat.com
Thu Nov 30 22:09:17 GMT 2006

I'm no expert on Samba, but I'm hoping somebody here will be able to tell
me...

I have inherited a Windows NT4 domain and a Windows 2003 AD domain.  Half of
it has been migrated and I will finish the rest.  However, until the
migration is complete, all users need to be able to access their files on
the NT domain, from either domain.  They are able to do this as long as
their passwords are the same.

Is it possible, using Samba as the middle man, to keep both the AD and NT4
domain passwords synced?

Many thanks,
Steve :)