[Samba] Can't connect to vfat Share

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Thu Nov 30 19:12:49 GMT 2006

I'm using Samba on Fedora Core. I have two Samba shares setup. The one
in an ext3 partition works fine from the Windows computer. I can't
connect to the other (on a vfat partition). I have no idea whether or
not it's significant that the partition is vfat, but I wanted to include
the information to be complete. In smb.conf, I have the partition set up
as follows:

	[remwindows]
	case sensitive = no
	msdfs proxy = no
	read only = no
	comment = Remote Windows Directory
	path = /windows/
	strict locking = no

In the fstab entry, I set the uid/gid to my userid, the permissions are
also set to allow anyone to read/write/browse the directory.

Can anyone suggest what I'm missing?
Thanks in advance.
---Michael