[Samba] Access to home drive

Chandra Sornam chandra.sornam at stagecoach.co.nz
Wed Nov 29 02:47:46 GMT 2006

Hi Samba Experts

I raised this problem where its still waiting to be resolved. Would be
greatly appreciated if I can get some feedback. I did get a bit of help
but looked like it ended on the person's too hard basket.
Thanks

Chandra

Have installed Samba 3 on a Linux box with Centos OS to be a file
server. Getting its authentication from a NT4 PDC. Have created samba
shares and members of the NT4 PDC group can successfully access the
group. The only problem is users cannot authenticate their home share
onmor
the Linux server.
A webinfo -r of the domain user gives the uid of the group the user is a
member of. The user can access the share successfully as well.
Have gone through the smb.conf and other config files, and done
extensive search on the net to figure out the problem but have hit a
blank wall. There are no noticeable errors in the log files that I can
see either.

Samba Config file as below

[global]
   workgroup = domain
        netbios aliases = test
        server string = test File Server
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = scnz-nt02 scnz-nt01
        client lanman auth = No
        client plaintext auth = No
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        smb ports = 139 445
        enable privileges = yes
        name resolve order = wins host lmhosts bcast
        server signing = auto
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No