[Samba] what OS do you use for Samba?

Rhiannon.Henning at sungard.com Rhiannon.Henning at sungard.com
Tue Nov 28 16:30:33 GMT 2006

I am currently running samba 3.0.10-1.4E.9 on RHEL 4 and having problems
with trusted AD domains using Kerberos authentication. Should I upgrade
to 3.0.23c? It seems like many have had issues with the latest samba
release so I have been hesitant to upgrade, though cannot figure out why
samba cannot pull client credentials from the other trusted domain. Any
advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rhiannon

We use Samba (winbind) for authentication against multiple AD domains.
We are
currently using 3.0.23c with a patch to make the trusted domains work
(see BZ3661).

This is running on RHEL4 and in the past it's been tested on Solaris
too.

Bob G

> > Yeah, I thought about going with Ubuntu 6.06 (I'd stick
> with that for
> > the LTS), but it's so new.  I would feel better going with
> something
> > with a longer, proven track record.  However, it is nice
> being able to
> > install and set up Ubuntu for free but then have Canonical there in
> > case I have an issue I just can't figure out on my own.
> >

> I've been using it as our primary file server for about 3 or
> 4 months now. Other than the famed archive bit problem, there
> really hasn't been an issue. My only regret is that Samba 4
> isn't out so I still have to run 2003 as domain controllers.
> --

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally
privileged, subject to copyright and is sent for the personal attention
of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in
error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Although we
have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in
this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any
liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any
actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this email or
its attachments, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in
writing. If this email contains an offer, that should be considered as
an invitation to treat.