[Samba] Preference of local or domain profile

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 21:08:37 GMT 2006

I'm not certain I get what you are saying, but I'll give it a stab.

If your user has a laptop (for example) and the password is changed
while their PC is not connected, then in order to receive the new domain
certificate credentials, the user must login to the network. If they
merely plug it in and recover from hibernation, the credentials will not
be updated.

In other words, either logout and then back in after connecting to the
network or reboot. Domain credentials cannot be updated if there is a
password mismatch form the cached information versus the credentials
stored in AD.

Does that answer your question?

Aaron Kincer