[Samba] Migrate a Samba 3.0 PDC from Redhat 9 to Debian Sarge

Buehl, Reiner (HPS EMEA GD-C&I) reiner.buehl at hp.com
Mon Nov 27 11:53:08 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have a Samba 3.0.20b installation on a Redhat 9 system running as PDC
for a Windows Domain. I now would like to move the PDC funktionality to
an existing Debian Sarge system running Samba 3.0.23c and then
decommision the Redhat system.

I did search for information on how to do this but all the information
that I could find seems to deal with Samba 2.x PDCs since the
MACHINE.SID file is always referenced as the critical configuration

Best regards,
Reiner Buehl.