[Samba] what OS do you use for Samba?

Martin Sundmacher msundma at linux01.gwdg.de
Tue Nov 21 21:53:02 GMT 2006

James A. Dinkel schrieb:
> From: Martin Sundmacher
>

>> Hi, we are using Debian since 2 years for Samba with about 200 users.
>> Yes, it is possible to do automatic Updates with Debian. We are
>> currently running Samba 3.0.23c in two Domains without any problems.
>> Version 3.0.23c is currently in 'testing' of Debian. So security updates
>>
>> will start with the next stable release of Debian.
>>

> Are you using it with Active Directory for authentication?
No, we don't use AD. Samba is running as PDC.
>   Do you
> update to the latest Samba from another place, or have you just been
> using what is in the "stable" repo?

The Server is Debian stable (Sarge), but the Samba-package is from
official Debian testing (Etch). http://packages.debian.org/testing/net/samba
We don't do fully automagic updates with that Server. We are manually
testing on a different System before we update the productive Server.

Greetings