[ARKSPAM] Re: Re: [Samba] Samba 3.0.14 (Debian Sarge) Memory Leakage

Mon Nov 20 10:07:44 GMT 2006

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 06:43:42PM +0100, it wrote:
> I have the same problem.
> We are using version 3.0.14a under Debian Sarge
> and after installing a local printer/fax HP LaserJet 3050,
> the memory server is allocated to the user session until reaches 100%.
> I don't know how to avoid it.

Install a different printer driver... I'm not the
authoritative source here, but I've seen posts passed on
this list where even MS servers have trouble with certain
printer drivers. To make 100% sure it's a driver problem, we
would need a debug level 10 log of a smbd chewing memory.
This log is going to be huge, so you should put it on some
place where we can download it.

Volker