[Samba] "I have no name!" shown as username

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Fri Nov 17 17:55:01 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 09:37, Jim Shanks wrote:
> Are you absolutely sure that the winbind daemon is running?

To follow up on this question, I have noticed that Gentoo's Samba startup
scripts (the original poster is running Gentoo) do not properly stop winbind.
So simple doing "/etc/init.d/samba restart" after upgrading could possibly
cause problems. Do a "/etc/init.d/samba stop", then manually kill the
winbindd processes, followed by a start.
I plan to look into this when I get some time and will update the patchset I
uploaded to the current version bump bug report if I solve the issue.

Chris