[Samba] AutoCad and ArcView

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 18:05:40 GMT 2006

Can you be more specific than "burned through"?

What brand of hardware are you running?

I am unconvinced that your OS and/or Samba are the cause of your
hardware issues. I've seen data intensive servers running RAID 5 run for
many years with no problems. I would be more inclined to believe you've
got a faulty backplane that is providing irregular power that might be
zapping your drives than software related.

Out of curiosity--what is the same slot in your array that suffered the
failed drive?