[Samba] Only admin user can print?

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Nov 13 21:09:18 GMT 2006

Albrecht,

MYDOM is whatever you have as "WORKGROUP =".
If "_" is your separator then "@MYDOM_mygroup" would be what you need.
Our printers are open to all users for printing, so I can use either "guest ok = yes" or "public = yes".
Our "valid user" restrictions are on data files, and they work as expected in 23c, so you should be able to restrict printer access as needed.
e.g. valid users = @"DOMAIN_Domain Users"
Fortunately, I had the luxury of using a test machine and did not upgrade production servers from 3.0.22 until 3.0.23c was released.

Dale