[Samba] Only admin user can print?

Albrecht Dress albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Nov 13 18:55:19 GMT 2006

Hi Dale:

I grabbed version 23c, built and installed it, but had no success so far...

Dale Schroeder <dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com> wrote:
> The "valid users" directive was broken in 23a and 23b.  You will need to
> upgrade to 23c or find another method of controlling access to your shares.
> Also, the 23-series requires FQDN - "@DOM_grp" becomes "@DOMAIN\DOM_grp".

Maybe you can clarify this a little bit - When I log in into Winbloze, I use the
domain MYDOM.  In reality, this domain is called MYDOM.MYORG.COM.  The domain
has a group called mygroup.  From this, winbindd (using "_" as separator)
created the group "MYDOM_mygroup" which I used in the config file.  With the new
scheme, do I have to use "@MYDOM.MYORG.COM\mygroup", or is "@MYDOM\mygroup"
sufficient?

Apart from that, what is the /default/ access mode to the printers?  Maybe it
would be interesting to see where the printer access fails.  Any help is welcome
- this is really a show-stopper, and I don't want to make everybody an admin!

Cheers,
Albrecht

--
LIOS Technology GmbH