[Samba] Newbie looking to move from Netware to Linux/Samba

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 21:08:42 GMT 2006

You will most likely run into the infamous archive bit problem with MS
Word (if you use it there) and a few other applications, so I'll save
you the scratching of your head and suggest you read my solution after
you get your server up and running:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-September/125314.html

The short short version is that archive bits on Samba and some
applications don't play well together. Since many backup software
packages rely on this to determine if something needs to be backed up,
you need to be aware of it and know the solution ahead of time.

Good luck.

Aaron Kincer