[Samba] windows 2003 authentification on SAMBA PDC

Omar Lopez Limonta pollo.es.pollo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 13:37:58 GMT 2006

I want authenticate windows 2003 R2 on SAMBA PDC.
I have bind with these records.

_ldap._tcp.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 389 server2
_kerberos._tcp.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 88 server2
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 389 server2
_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 88 server2

And y have also server2 A record.
server2       IN A    192.168.250.253

On Samba config y have these:

netbios name = server2
workgroup = mydomain <-- i'm not sure if i need put mydomain.com
server string = PDC mydomain

When i try to authenticate PDC with my windows 2003 R2 i get an error
that say that my DNS A record server2.mydomain.com doesn't exist or is
down but it exist.

I can do ping to server2.mydomain.com an digg say that is an A record.

Where i can find documentation about samba an windows 2003 R2, or what
i need to authenticate.

I'm using smbpasswd to add users  , I really need use LDAP to authenticate?

Thanks

--
http://www.sacalabasura.com
IM: pollo.es.pollo en gmail.com