[Samba] windows 2003 authentification on SAMBA PDC

Cleber P. de Souza cleberps at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 15:41:24 GMT 2006

On 11/5/06, Omar Lopez Limonta <pollo.es.pollo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want authenticate windows 2003 R2 on SAMBA PDC.
> I have bind with these records.
>
> _ldap._tcp.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 389 server2
> _kerberos._tcp.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 88 server2
> _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 389 server2
> _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.mydomain.com. SRV 0 0 88 server2
>
> And y have also server2 A record.
> server2       IN A    192.168.250.253

Have you set this on the Linux box?

> On Samba config y have these:
>
> netbios name = server2
> workgroup = mydomain <-- i'm not sure if i need put mydomain.com
> server string = PDC mydomain
>
> When i try to authenticate PDC with my windows 2003 R2 i get an error
> that say that my DNS A record server2.mydomain.com doesn't exist or is
> down but it exist.

Have you put your samba server IP in the Wins Server list of your
Windows 2003 R2?
Maybe Windows 2003 R2 have some restriction for join a domain as that
defined in max/min protocol on smb.conf and spnego. I'm not right
about this.

> I can do ping to server2.mydomain.com an digg say that is an A record.
>
> Where i can find documentation about samba an windows 2003 R2, or what
> i need to authenticate.
>
> I'm using smbpasswd to add users  , I really need use LDAP to authenticate?

NO. smbpasswd and LDAP are ways to authenticate. Choose the best for you.

> Thanks
>
> --
> http://www.sacalabasura.com
> IM: pollo.es.pollo en gmail.com