[samba] not picking up AD user password change

Rhiannon.Henning at sungard.com Rhiannon.Henning at sungard.com
Fri Nov 3 19:23:25 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Ive got samba authenticating users with security level ads and Kerberos.
All is working fine thus far except when last night a user was not able
to access shares after changing his windows password.  I assumed that
because samba is joined to the domain and AD that it would have access
to such password changes. Is there something I need to add to my
smb.conf file to make samba aware of new passwords?

Thanks,

Rhiannon Henning

Network administrator

SunGard iWorks EPS

14280 E. Jewell Ave. Ste. 200

Aurora, CO 80012

303-283-5410 tel

Confidentiality Notice: This email transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that arrangements can be made for proper delivery, and then please delete the message from your in-box.