[samba] Net use statements hanging at execution after upgrading to 3.0.23c

Maurice Forte mforte at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 2 19:05:16 GMT 2006

I just recently upgraded my Samba server from 3.0.20b to 3.0.23c and my
'net use' statements are hanging at execution from a Windows workstation.
 My Samba server is running on AIX(5.2 ML 9) with an ldap backend(Tivoli
Directory Server 6.0).   I compiled Samba with the latest OPENLDAP
libraries on my AIX platform using steps below:

1) compile for openldap libraries

./configure --prefix=/opt/openldap --enable-slapd=no
make depend
make
make install

2)
export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/openldap/include"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/openldap/lib:/usr/lib
export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/openldap/lib"

3)configure for samba

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba \
--with-acl-support \
--without-winbind \
--with-ldap

make
make install

Did something change between these releases that would prevent me from
doing mounting a share(net use)?

Thanks,
Maurice Forte
email: mforte at us.ibm.com